Monday, September 27, 2010

Wintry Expectations






b. Built by Wendy Student Wool Floral Embroidered Crew (with scallop neckline! seriously)
f. Ilse Jacobsen rain boot

I always looked forward to fall because it meant a new winter coat - something beautiful and made of wool, most likely. And yes, I live in Vancouver where it's raining about 80% of the time... but that's why there are umbrellas, right? And of course I'm not all whimsy and no practicality because I do understand the importance of a good pair (actually: essential) of rain boots. My hulking calves will not yield to Hunter's but I find there's a certain charm to the Ilse Jacobsen's boot anyway (or maybe that's my pride talking).

Obviously, you need thick socks that goes high enough when wearing rain boots. I can't explain the number of times I walked around peeved because my socks had somehow found its way half off my foot. And yeah, I buy dude socks that are way-too-big but very, very cute. Nothing wrong with that, right? I mean... how can anyone refuse socks with dinosaurs or mustaches on them? You tell me. 

And I know Hannah MacGibbon's says it's okay to dress from head to toe in cashmere/knit but perhaps I lack a certain delicateness to pull that kinda thing off. Sweater + sweater pants = okay. But throw on a sweater coat and we're just talking crazy.

Knit leggings are a Godsend in Vancouver - honestly. When it gets cold, it's downright chilly. I really like the patchwork on the See by ChloƩ's because it runs along the inner seam of the leg meaning there will be less piling (and c'mon, polka-dots...).

2 comments:

  1. oooh ! totally in love with the coat, as well as the pants and lace-ups !

    xoxo,
    www.thelushfleet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3!

    A good winter coat is always a good investment... I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the coat.. :)

    Winter = splurge splurge splurge!

    ReplyDelete