Monday, September 13, 2010

Okay, I Was Wrong.

Remember how I was hating on the so-very white spring/summer '11 collections? I was wrong. My sincerest apologies.

adam via style.com
How perfect are these outfits? Really.

I've always had a sort of secret crush on Adam Lippes. Can you blame me? And that 3rd picture right there is totally a throwback to his Oscar de la Renta days.

(EDIT: Haha. Controversy, controversy. Check out fashionista's take on Mr. Lippes middle outfit. I forgive him if it's on purpose. She's awesome and I'd copy her too.)

A Détacher via style.com
Mona Kowalska, you're my lady this spring/summer (so far). Everyone who knows me, knows that the way to my wallet is through print (and/or prints of animals). And there's also a sort of calm sensibility about Kowalska's design that it's simple but not without charm.

And is that a romper in the first picture? Yeah. I thought I pretty much gave up the romper once everyone and their mama (I'd say grandma but if people's grandmas were wearing rompers, I'd be in. Totally) were sporting it --- but look, I'm entitled to change my opinion... yes?

boo via style.com

See. I changed my opinion about the all-white ensembles. Look. Proof above. And I know I could've picked more summery outfits from the collection but the all gray look still appeals (I blame you, Scott Sternberg... again). And the middle outfit is pure tongue-in-cheek-whimsical. It's like wearing an umbrella as a shirt and another umbrella as a jacket (in the best possible way, mind you).

No comments:

Post a Comment