Monday, September 20, 2010

The Mighty Colabs

Okay. Let me start off by saying that I know more than a few people (e.g., Susie Bubble and Nitrolicious) who have gushed about the shoe collaborations of SS11 at NYFW... but I'm comfortable enough to admit that I am equally smitten.

courtesy of style bubble
Suno x Loeffler Randall. *gush gush gush*.

Is anything really more beautiful, currently? No. This moment, my mind is filled with images of these shoes --- it's quite unhealthy, really. I admit it...


via style.com
I really like the whimsical nature of the mixed prints but I see these shoes are more or less the centerpiece of the whole outfit. Skinnies + white v-neck + Suno X Loeffler Randall platforms = <3

original images were from susie bubble
Chris Benz x Alejandro Ingelmo. Platforms are the way to my heart when it comes to shoes. They are the shoe equivalent of a pair of yellow silk pants. The Shoe Snob knows the story behind the collab, so I won't elaborate further cos, well, I just want to gawk like an awkward teenage boy.


images via imelda.com

Remember how I was gushing about the shoes at the Karen Walker SS 11 show? It dawned on me to just look it up and see if it's KW's or some sort of awesome collaboration. Lo and behold, another collaboration has taken place --- Karen Walker x Beau Coops.  Although this isn't their first shoe collab, it's definitely a 360 from what they made for Sass & Bide.

Also: I am strangely drawn to platform loafers --- is that weird?

I still blame Chie Mihara for all this shoe lust but what can I say? I love really like shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment