Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is there such a thing as fashion week overload?

Perhaps.

It doesn't actually stop me from being excited. I was excited about Paris Fashion week namely for Dries Van Noten. It was... okay. But then I saw the "Carven" link and I clicked on it. I never really paid attention or thought about Carven mostly because it's not really a brand I'm familiar with... until recenty. I was flipping through my Japanese magazine and they featured this beautiful Carven spread. Anyhow, back to the Paris Fashion Week offering by Carven:

via style.com


First it was the shoes with it's whimsical bow that caught my eye but then the outfits were easily just as cute. They're nothing new but the good ol' basics well-put together.
via style.com
According to Nicole Phelps the designer was going for "Bourgeois, but with a nasty side"... I'm not sure about that but Guillaume Henry (the designer) definitely borrowed from the boys to create these looks. Certainly not a new trick but works in his favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment