Sunday, October 17, 2010

Party Outfits

via la garconne


Party season is starting --- holidays, birthdays, that sorta thing... and when that happens, the air is crisper and the nights are getting colder. Admittedly, I used to be most excited about Autumn because it meant a new coat. Coats were my reason for looking forward to back to school shopping. 

And when I got older, coats were one of the mainstays on wishlists for Christmas/birthday presents. While browsing my new favourite shopping site, I'm seriously considering Rachel Comey's Second Husband Coat. The name alone is worth it. Not convinced? Check out the pictures of the coat... the back of the coat looks AMAZING. Honestly.

But I can't just go to a party/gathering in an awesome coat alone... If I do, I won't have to worry about going to anymore of these shindigs. I won't knock anyone who still swears by a signature LBD but sometimes (really, most times) I think I get more bang for my buck with separates. And now, I find an interesting pair of pants trumps a skirt any day.

But FYI: I would not turn down a printed dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment