Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh, Toronto!

picture via thank you, okay

L-R: Macaron Cake aka Marie Antoinette + Earl Grey & Grapefruit Tart from Nadege

I think it wouldn't be hyperbolic to say that there's a magical city (to each their own, obviously) that everyone envisions themselves living in - if only for a short while. And I mean magical as if anything is possible and all that grand stuff. I've had my fanciful share of these cities but Toronto will remain my true love. But most times, I just return to the reality that Vancouver is home.

I certainly try my best to make it over to Toronto once a year.

Why?

Cos there are some talented and wonderful people that go eat Korean food with me. (Here, go listen to Matt's music --> pink deadwhale). And also, Toronto has the best Korean food I've ever had. And an endless supply of foodie-drool-worthy establishments (e.g., Nadege). And honestly, this yearning for Toronto was really spurred on by Thank You, Okay's blog.

Oh. And Hoof Cafe. And possibly a million other places.

Honestly, any city that loves brunch as much as Toronto does deserves this sort of unrequited love.

Oh, Toronto. I miss you.
Perhaps we'll reunite sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment