Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pre-Fall Post Right Before Real Fall. Right.

marni pre fall via style.com

It's pretty much fall now in Vancouver --- it was beyond breezy and border-lining chilly today.

I had meant to talk about Marni's PF collection on CHOR, seriously, I was going to. But then I got all caught up on my love for the Oscar de la Renta PF collection and spent a lot of time thinking about that splendid jacket.

Things change though. And changed they did. The Marni PF collection is tugging at my heart strings. Tim Blanks called this collection "the [one with] hard edges [that] had all the charm." I couldn't agree more. Some pieces were silly (e.g., mittens that looked like they came straight from the kitchen... well, if you had leather oven mitts) but most pieces were charming beyond a doubt. And it wasn't all whimsy either. Who can say no to a camel/tan coat, come fall? It's one of those classics that refuses to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment