Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh. Fall wasn't in February?

dries van noten via style.com
Some people get excited about The September issue; some people get excited about the fall/winter season in February/March. I'm the latter (mostly because I don't read Vogue) mostly because I already saw the collections on the Internet. I remember the initial disappointment I felt when I saw the Karen Walker show --- but I have to focus on the good, right? Yeah.

It has been a few good months since I last thought about fall/winter collections but now it's practically autumn. So, here I am... thinking about the good things.

I never really paid attention to Dries Van Noten and it wasn't until this past year that I slowly notice a secret crush emerging. Now, it's a full blown love. Simple things can be so good. So, so good. And over-sized accessories just makes it all the better. Slouchy grandma pants (you know, the ones with the elastic waist but looks like trousers? What? Doesn't everyone's grandma have those pants...? Maybe it's just my grandma then) are calling my name.

rachel comey via style.com



 Rachel Comey never fails to make my heart skip. There's something very smart about men's wear turned women's wear designers (look below: Scott Sternberg styles) - it's like, frills aren't necessary (floral prints aren't frilly, okay?). There's always a grandma-chic about Comey's collections and I can always appreciate that. Floral-printed silk pants? Yes, please.

band of outsiders via style.com


Dear Scott Sternberg,
Sir. Where have you been all my life? You make me want to wear shades of grey from head to toe. I'm guessing this is just the 1st of many women's wear collection. So, so beautiful and perfect.

xoxo,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment